If this is the question in your mind, you have already started to fall in love with Python. Technical learning should be always layered. Start with the easiest book like Think Python & end with bible like Learning Python. In Python, there is always deep concepts of every topic. Read Think Python for high-level Python understanding & later get deeper using Learning Python. From my personal experience of teaching, you may follow the following steps to get yourself into next stage.
1. Use Python interpreter to learn fundamentals quickly. To learn about string utilities use help(str).
2. Explore other data structures like list,set & dict using help(list), help(dict) & help(set) respectively.
3. Learn about Python Object Model - Generally, this is given in last chapters of books but this is why Python behaves the way it does. Read here
4. Time to start using IDE like Sublime Text & write control flows using if, else, while, for.
5. Don't forget to learn about the 'in' operator.
6. Learn about defining various types of function definitions - very handy in learning object-oriented programming & frameworks like Django. Read here
7. Plug into Object Oriented Programming - define class, create objects, constructors, member functions, static variables, static functions, inheritance.
8. Go a mile further - Iterators, Generators, Lambda, Modules, Functional Programming - Map, Filter, Reduce
9. Please Note: This is just the beginning. Happy Journey with Python till you tie the knot with it.
Keywords : Python
Artificial Intelligence course from zekeLabs has been featured as one of the Top-10 AI courses in a recent study by Analytics India Magazine in 2018. Here is what makes our courses one of the best in the industry.
If you are an IT professional in India this may scare you a bit. Hearsay is Indian IT services companies are on a firing spree. A significant number of layoffs have prominently been made public from companies that include big names like Cognizant, IBM, Info...
The object model of Python is something very less discussed but important to understand what happens under the cover. Understanding this before diving into python makes journey smooth
Almost every programming language provides a straightforward mechanism to check the End of File. Python does not have a very straightforward and intuitive way to check EOF.Following code can help you find EOF for all practical purposes.